Whether one is trying to ward away the winter chills or just looking for healthy comfort food, a bowl of soup is almost always the remedy. There are various ways you can combine nutritious ingredients in a pot to create wholesome recipes.
Soups are versatile; they make for a quick lunch option or when combined with rice or noodles, it transforms into a complete one-pot meal. The first cardinal rule to stimulate your digestion and get your stomach ready for food is the intake of this remarkable appetizer.
Simple soups are an easy way to get vitamins and minerals from vegetables into the body. Being easy to digest, they can be consumed by people of all ages. Since they stimulate digestion, pre-meal is the perfect time for consumption.
And So, Here we present to you Best Soup Recipes which you can try. So, what is there to wait for? Le’s begin!
3 Best Soup Recipes For You
Ginger Carrot Soup
This carrot soup recipe requires little oil and is rich in vitamins, especially as an alternative for chicken soup, when suffering from a bad case of cough and cold. Ginger as an individual ingredient too is very good for health and helps fight minor diseases too.
- A cup of peeled and chopped carrots
- A cup of vegetable stock
- A medium-sized onion
- An inch of ginger
- A couple of garlic cloves
- A tablespoon of Olive oil
How To Prepare
- Heat the olive oil in a pan or pressure cooker.
- Add the onions, ginger, and garlic.
- Allow the onions to fry until translucent.
- Add the carrots and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the cup of vegetable stock.
- Pressure cook the mixture for 2 whistles.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Blend it in a mixer.
- Use the soup strainer to then smoothen the mix into soup.
- Reheat the soup, with a half cup of water.
- Add pepper and salt to taste, and serve it hot.
Basil Tomato Soup
Tomatoes and carrots blended together in this soup, garnished with basil leaves, olive oil, and lemon zest. If you happen to be a tomato soup lover, then this appetizer is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 pounds Roma or tomatoes on the vine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 large fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
How To Prepare
- I use a humble potato to thicken this soup. Of course, you can leave it out if you wish but it adds a thick and creamy texture and compliments the tomato flavor nicely. However, you can use thickened cream if you wish! (About 1/2 – 3/4 cup for the whole pot.)
- If using the potato, fry it along with diced onion and red bell peppers (capsicums), until the onion is transparent and the potatoes are beginning to crisp up adds even more flavor into this soup (while your tomatoes are roasting).
- Pour in your broth/stock and simmer the potatoes until they’re soft.
- Add the tomatoes once they’re done; add the basil; blitz with a stick blender, and voila! SOUP! No additives, preservatives, or artificial colors/flavors, and homemade soup done in less than 30 minutes.
Spinach in Lentil Soup
This soup is easy to prepare and is very good for Indian women mainly due to its high calcium content. This soup looks gorgeous and is quite palatable for Indian taste buds. The recipe is also great for pregnant women as well.
- Quarter cup split red lentil (masoor dal)
- A cup of Spinach (palak)
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- Half a cup of sliced red onions
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 a cup of toned milk
- 1/2 a teaspoon of chili powder
How To Prepare
- Dry roast the onions and garlic cloves in a pressure cooker, on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the lentil and tomatoes to this mixture combining it with 2 cups of water.
- Mix it well with a spatula
- Prepare it for 2 whistles in a pressure cooker.
- Let the steam escape right before you open the pressure cooker lid.
- Let it cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled, use a mixture to blend it into a purée without any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into a deep pan for preparing the soup.
- Add the rest of the ingredients including spinach, milk, chili powder, water, and salt
- Allow the mixture to boil.
- Continue cooking it at medium flame for a couple of minutes.
- Don’t forget to occasionally stir.
- Serve it with some soup sticks or bread.
If you are not a soup lover, give these recipes a try, here we’ve discussed the best soup recipes with easier ways to make them. Give them a try, we’re sure you would love them. Soups are one of the best appetizers around. Begin your meal with this starter to Stay Fit & Healthy.
If you liked this article, check out another cool post on What Food To Eat To Prevent Acne?